6523 – LED Night Light Recall Common Questions and Answers
1. Why is Camsing Global LLC conducting this recall?
a. In cooperation with the CPSC, Camsing Global LLC is recalling the 6523 LED Night Light received on December, 28th, 2010 because there have been five (5) reported isolated incidents of the Night Light overheating, smoldering or melting when plugged into an electrical source. The hazard is only present if the night light is plugged into an electrical source. There have been no personal injuries or property damage reported by any user of the product.
2. How many night lights are affected?
a. We have isolated the defective lights to one shipment of 26,400 units of one item (two versions). Of these, 10,037 units were sold, and the rest were quarantined and subsequently destroyed. An estimated total of 17 customers may be impacted by this recall. These orders were shipped between December 29th, 2010, and March 23rd, 2011.
3. What is Camsing Global LLC doing to fix the problem?
a. Camsing Global LLC has worked closely with the manufacturer of these night lights and has narrowed the problem to one small component that was modified by the manufacturer during the production of the affected lot. This component has subsequently been replaced.
4. How long is the recall valid?
a. The recall is open indefinitely unless we obtain all of the affected night lights.
5. Can I continue to use the night lights I have?
a. Do not continue using these night lights. You should send the units to Camsing Global LLC immediately for replacement. In addition, it is illegal to attempt to sell or resell this or any other recalled product under federal law.
6. Did Camsing Global LLC cooperate with the CPSC?
a. Camsing Global LLC has worked jointly with the CPSC to guarantee full compliance with federal regulations to ensure that this product is properly recalled.
7. Any further questions can be addressed by contacting Camsing Global, LLC toll free at 1-877-924-4624 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.